Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Fly Free

I have always had an affinity for winged creatures, most especially birds.  But over this last year there has been a shift; a new and deeper appreciation that has emerged.  I have an awareness now that was not present before.  It's as if a new world has opened to me, a world that has always been there, but I was not able to see it at the time.  I realize now, that I was not a match to that world.  The world I speak of, is one of Freedom.  The birds are free... I was not.
There was nothing physically holding me captive, it was a mental prison.  One that I created many years ago.  I came to understand through my own awakening what others find so difficult to comprehend. I understood why a person who was kidnapped, after time, no longer chose to escape.  Even when granted freedom to move about by their captor, they would not run.  The prison they were in had become a mental one, which was far greater than any physical one constructed by walls or bars.
I saw through my own life experiences, beginning with childhood, how I slowly created my own mental prison. But it wasn't until I began to awaken that I was able to see this prison.  My awareness was limited and so too was my reality.  The limited perspective from which I viewed the world, was crippling on many levels.  But it was through this limitation that I eventually started to seek a new perspective.  There is a knowing deep within you, it is your soul calling to you to awaken.  As you move through each life experience, you move toward awakening, until finally, one of these life experiences triggers a profound shift to take place within you.  Once the shift happens within, the outer world reflects this beauty back to you!!!
The inner and outer are always a match.
And so it is with great joy that I now experience what feels like the same Freedom the birds convey when they are  in flight.  My heart literally soars with them as I watch them move in perfect synchronicity, like a beautiful well choreographed dance.  For me, it is one of the most beautiful sights I behold on a daily basis.
photo by Justin Mackin 
Each time I am blessed with this experience I feel tremendous gratitude in my heart, and I know this is why I see it that much more.  They are my angels who remind me each day how beautiful the world is and how free we really are when we just let go.  I think each of us are traveling along our own road seeking to discover what we've know all along....we are Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment